Bryan and I had a candy buffet at our wedding and it was a great success! I wanted to have some other sweet treats at Madalyn’s birthday party to go along with her yummy cupcakes and thought that candy would be perfect! I already had the jars from our wedding to use, which made the candy buffet a no-brainer!
The hardest part of this idea, was coming up with PINK candy. As I began my search, I was beginning to wish that we had chosen red as the theme — there are so many red candy options! But, between Google and checking a bunch of stores, this is what we came up with:
- Cotton Candy Jelly Bellies: Purchased in bulk at Woodman’s
- Pomegranate Cosmo Jelly Bellies: Purchased in bulk at Woodman’s
- Whoppers: Strawberry Milkshake: Purchased at Woodman’s
- Starburst: Fave Reds (I removed all the red ones and used the three remaining colors!): Purchased at Woodman’s
- Strawberry Frooties: Purchased at Woodman’s
- Pink Bubblegum: Purchased at Party City
- Sixlets: (These were pearlized pink in color!) Purchased at JoAnn’s
Because some of these candies weren’t the “normal” types you might see, I thought that labels would be a fun idea. That way, there would be no surprises! To make labels, I used scrapbook paper that I already had, cut it into rectangles that would fit the names of the candy, punched a hole in each end, and finally used a ribbon to attach it around the jar. They turned out better than I thought they would as this was one of the last-minute decorations I decided to try!
Candy buffets are really popular right now, and I can totally see why as they add some fun to the dessert table! I am definitely not disappointed that we have some candy left over 🙂
Looking for more?