I love cookies, but sometimes I don’t have the time or patience to shape each one and bake a bunch of different pans full of cookies — enter, the cookie bar! Whoever first thought of making cookie bars should get a medal! They can be put together in no time and are just as delicious as cookies. Just look at these bars…I am wishing I had some left right now to eat. 🙂
These bars were super easy to make and were really moist. I made them for my sister’s birthday last week, and the pan did not last long. I found the recipe on Pinterest (find it here), and I will definitely be putting it into my recipe binder!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (3.4 oz) box instant vanilla pudding mix, dry
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 cup yellow cake mix
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sprinkles
- Combine baking soda, yellow cake mix and bread flour into a small to medium size bowl and set aside.
- Cream butter in the bowl of stand mixer.
- Add brown sugar and granulated sugar and cream into butter.
- Add dry pudding mix and mix until well incorporated.
- Add vanilla, almond extract and eggs to the mixture and beat well.
- Add flour/cake mix mixture and mix until well incorporated.
- Add white chocolate chips and sprinkles and mix just until evenly distributed.
- Press dough evenly onto the bottom of a greased 9×13 inch baking pan. Sprinkle and lightly press additional sprinkles over the top if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- I used sprinkles from Cake and Bake. If you live in the area, I highly suggest checking out their sprinkle / decorating selection. They have really reasonable prices and they have a great variety of colors and themes!
- The batter for these cookie bars does get really thick, so thick that even my stand mixer had a tough time mixing it. So, if you have the option between a hand mixer and stand mixer, I would definitely choose the stand mixer. Personally, I love my Kitchen Aid and enjoy using it when I can!
Looking for more?